- #surreybc This guy should not be out on the street- period. twitter.com/CKNW/status/62… 1 minute ago
- “It’s not what you look at that matters…it’s what you see.” ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- Last weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver City Hall: Take big money out of civic campaigns
- Last weeks City Hall column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Surrey LRT plans scary expensive!
- Forest fire prevention and mitigation in BC: At what point does inaction become negligence?
- This weeks City Hall column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Regional politicians deserve more scrutiny
- “O Canada, O Canada, who stands watch from sea to sea? Who for a lost democracy? Who for the true north strong and free? If not you then let it be me”
- Hindsight is only helpful if you apply the lesson learned to future actions.
- Last weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Transparency hit new low during plebiscite
What people are saying
John's Aghast on “It’s not what you… nonconfidencevote on “It’s not what you… e.a.f. on “It’s not what you… Laila on “It’s not what you… nonconfidencevote on “It’s not what you… JDC on “It’s not what you…
- "It's not what you look at that matters...it's what you see." ~ Henry David Thoreau.
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Premier Christy Clark : "Better a MILF, than a cougar."
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
- (updated ) How Christy Clark set the standard for vulgar questions and innuendo - a rebuttal to David Obee, Editor in Chief of the Times Colonist.
- Access to Information documents show an average of 46.3 founded "shots fired" calls between 2007-2012 in Surrey, B.C.
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
Tag Archives: csis
… you see this story: ” Chuck Strahl, Chairman of the federal body which oversees Canada’s spy agency, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), has registered to lobby on behalf of Enbridge’s ‘Northern Gateway Pipelines Limited Partnership’. ~snip~ “Strahl replaced disgraced … Continue reading
The hypocrisy of Stephen Harper’s recent announcement that he would be boycotting the big grand poo-bah’s summit in Sri Lanka next month is stunning. The lack of comment on it thus far, even more so. According to reports from overseas: ” Canada … Continue reading
The winner of last week’s duel on Canadian oil transportation was Laila Yuile with 64%. This week’s topic: Is Edward Snowden a whistleblower who deserves asylum in Russia or a traitor who should be tried and convicted in the U.S.? … Continue reading
This weeks column for 24Hrs Vancouver: Right to privacy should stay strong in face of acts of terror
Summer is here, the days are long and after taking a break from the column due to the Canada Day weekend, Brent and I are back at it today with another look at Canada’s secret surveillance program. The question this … Continue reading
The winner of last week’s duel on the Senate was Brent Stafford with 51%. This week’s topic: Should the government be allowed to spy on your phone calls and email? As I watched the public reaction following the revelations of … Continue reading
I am very lucky that many of my friends and colleagues are truth tellers, and we give each other support- along with those whose stories we tell – knowing full well the ramifications that come with doing so. Truth does not always … Continue reading