- You know you're old when it's 9:30 on a Friday night and you're counting the moments until you can go to bed... 9 hours ago
- Denial, deflect, discredit.
- Extensive repair work planned for Sea to Sky retaining wall – one year after problems on 3 others first reported here.
- This weeks Duel for 24Hrs Vancouver: Bill 20 too intrusive.
- Where does the buck stop?
- Translink FOI release of untendered contract extension begs the question: Which is the easier ride: Skytrain or gravy train ?
- “It’s no longer enough to shake our heads and make concerned grimaces at the news…”
- “If Leaders fail, the people will lead.”
- “Home isn’t always where you live,but where they understand you:The passing of Ben Meisner “
What people are saying
Don F. on Denial, deflect, discredit. Drew Chisholm on Denial, deflect, discredit. Scotty on Denman on Denial, deflect, discredit. John's Aghast on Denial, deflect, discredit. Scotty on Denman on Denial, deflect, discredit. Laila on Denial, deflect, discredit.
- Denial, deflect, discredit.
- 100 + reasons the BC Liberals must go.
- Extensive repair work planned for Sea to Sky retaining wall - one year after problems on 3 others first reported here.
- Who's the scrooge at Real Canadian Superstore? **update with response January 14th, 2015
- Want to know how much it costs to build a road,bridge or overpass?
- Introducing... the new Canucks Bra!!
- Breaking news: BC liberals inked 'hidden toll' into Sea to Sky highway deal - and we all pay for the next 25 years.
- Surrey ranks in the Top 10 Most Dangerous cities in Canada - so why not add slot machines to one of the poorest neighbourhoods?
Tag Archives: kiewit
When I published the photos of the conditions of just three of the 219 retaining walls on the Sea to Sky Highway last year, the Ministry of Transportation said the issue was merely cosmetic, and that the walls are inspected … Continue reading
There’s something more than a little ironic about having tennis elbow when you don’t even play tennis. For a while it’s been quite bothersome to sit,write and research for any extended amount of time, as my left elbow and forearm … Continue reading
Wise words for many policy makers who often seem to demonstrate a lack of empathy and understanding of how the real world works for the average person, perhaps because they spend more time behind their desk than out and about … Continue reading
Sea to Sky retaining wall questions continue as ministry employee emails indicate Kiewit inspected their own work.
With ongoing rainstorms and occasional flooding that has hit many areas on the north shore recently, water drainage and erosion is a concern to many. This of course jogged my memory to look for an update on a story I … Continue reading
Troubling photos spark Ministry of Transportation inspections of Sea to Sky retaining walls, creating new concerns over Kiewit construction.
The Ministry of Transportation is investigating the condition of at least three MSE ( Mechanically Stabilized Earth) retaining walls along the Sea to Sky Highway, according to sources close to the project. This action finally comes after specific Ministry employee’s received the photos … Continue reading
I’ve received quite a few emails this summer from readers wondering why I haven’t been covering the activities of the BC government, considering this years summer session of the Legislature, and a variety of scandals and stories that have emerged. Quite … Continue reading
The top post of 2012 on LailaYuile.com: “How money and corruption are ruining the land.” originally posted June 19th, 2012
Corruption in government has been on many readers minds this year, backed up by this story, first posted here back in June, which received a whopping number of unique views, catching the attention of readers and governments alike, around the world. As a precursor … Continue reading
Intrepid reporter Dave White of News 1130, came across a big story today…. http://www.news1130.com/news/local/article/420521–concerns-raised-in-us-around-bc-highways-contractor “SEATTLE (NEWS1130) – Some alleged major problems with massive construction projects have been exposed in the US, involving a contractor also hired to build and maintain BC highways. The accusations … Continue reading
Harpers “quiet” meeting with Chinese Communist Party propaganda Chief – why were Canadian media last to know?
“One of China’s most powerful figures slipped into Ottawa unannounced. Unless you were watching Chinese TV. Li Changchun is ranked No. 5 in the Chinese hierarchy, one of the nine members of the Standing Committee of the Politburo of the … Continue reading
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi
Wise man, that Gandhi… Well, we bloggers have been ignored, laughed at and a few times I’ve been threatened – that would be the fight part of the above quote. But, eventually you win. And that is the waty it goes … Continue reading